Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To the Meanest Lady in Croatia:

I don't use my blog to rant very often but today is a different circumstance so be warned:

First of all, I just want to say that I'm not an idiot. You don't have to be such a bitch every time you see me. Ever since the very first time I came to Zagreb and visited Tomislav at work, you've had it out for me and I don't know why. I haven't even been to T's work in so long and obviously I remember why I hate going there. I've tried to be nice and pleasant to you but all you do is turn your nose up at me. I'm not expecting you to even smile or say hello, I'm just hoping not to feel awful after having to sign in with you at the security desk. I understand where I'm allowed to and not allowed to park. I speak Croatian and I understand you when you tell me I can't park there. When I ask you where I should park, you don't have to scream your head off at me right in my face. I'm not deaf, you do not have to yell. You can tell me, in Croatian, where I can park (even if I'm only there for 60 seconds to pick up a key). Instead, I would appreciate if you could just ignore me. I'd rather not hear any of your screams or see any of your rude faces. 

Thanks for making me cry,
Nikki

P.S. People might complain that Americans are known for being "fake nice" but it's a million times better to be surrounded by politeness than by sour faces and while we're at it - Zagrebians- PLEASE be more considerate on the sidewalk and stop pushing and crashing into me!

3 comments:

  1. next time if she screams at you, you will do this: tell her to call her superior OR call me and i'll be there. i wonder if she will scream at me.
    hate stupid people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like she's jealous of you and what you have...T. Don't let her get you down, if anything allow for this experience to thicken your skin to people like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ivana! I will keep that in mind but honestly I'll be avoiding her as much as I can....and thanks for the advice A! Sometimes it's hard to remember that people might just be jealous when they're being so mean but I'll remember what you said next time ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...