Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Did You Watch?!

I know a lot of you did! Thanks to all of your wonderful messages on Facebook and here on my blog! Tomislav and I ended up waking up just before 4:30 this morning, Skyped my sister, and she held the iPad up in front of the TV for the whole episode so we could see it live with all of you! It was so hard to wake up but as soon as the show started, we were so pumped! It was so crazy to see us on TV and so neat to see how they edited the 4 days we filmed down into one 22 minute episode. We're so glad we got to have this amazing experience. It couldn't have been more fun, we had an amazing crew and Boro, the real estate agent we worked with was hilarious!

Boro doing his "Off-the-Cuff" Interview about Apartment 3

 Unseen Footage: Filming at my School

 
My sister getting interviewed while we were skiing in PA

Tomislav being interviewed after Apartment 1

 Me at Apartment Two

  All of our things were moved out of our apartment to film scenes for the day

 
Decision Scene - We walked so slowly making our big decision at one of our favorite parks, Zrinjevac.
 

Just one thing I have to note, I knew this would end up being on the show but I wanted to remind you all that this is a TV show for made to entertain viewers. Sometimes the director will advise you to say a few lines to make the show more interesting, exciting, and engaging for the viewers. In my case, I was told to exclaim about how strange it was to see a washing machine in a bahtroom. This is not my personal opinion, I find it quite normal for a washing machine to be in the bathroom! I joked with my family and friends after filming how I know I'll get heat for saying those lines, and of course I did, but being on a TV show requires some acting people! It was really so fun though. I can't wait until we get the DVD so we can watch it again. If you ever get the chance to appear on a TV show, based on our experience, I would definitely recommend it. We got so used to it that one night after filming we were goofing off and took turns acting like we were a director, producer, sound engineer, and camera person! See our silliness below:


This is what it's really like when you see a person talking to the camera, they don't just begin talking about whatever they want. The director/producer asks questions and the person on camera repeats the question in the beginning of the answer to set the scene up.
 "OK, Now look at this shoulder!"

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha this is hilarious, I totally forgot about this video! we were so into filming, I could totally get used to it for some time :)

    "what would be the pluses and minuses of the asian food that you just ate?"
    "do you think this meal would fit into your budget?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! Love this Nik! Thanks for the behind the scenes look too. I really loved your episode. Even told my mom and aunt about it. LOL So happy for you guys. Hmmm maybe our group should all do a split screen reality tv show. ~Nika~

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha this is hilarious, I totally forgot about this video! we were so into filming, I could totally get used to it for some time :)

    "what would be the pluses and minuses of the asian food that you just ate?"
    "do you think this meal would fit into your budget?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOl totally Nika! Thanks girl :) Maybe your Mom and Aunt will catch a rerun sometime!

    Rokey - Ready to film another show?! We have to watch the other videos from that day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...