Friday, February 10, 2012

Listen Closely Hear the Music Playing, Let it Take You to Places Far Away

Nothing takes you back to a certain place or time like music does. Scents come in at a close second but hearing even the first few chords of a song can take you right back to that exact point in your life. Just as a I feel like I am a citizen of the world, I am a fan of all types of music.

Recently, I remembered an old password for an old YouTube account and had a blast looking back at my "Favorites" from 2008. Although that might not be that long ago, it is the year that I met Tomislav, the summer that he arrived in Philadelphia, when I worked at Continental and had an ex-manager playing me romantic songs over the phone to the hostess stand. (Like Landon Pigg - Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop)

Hearing Built to Spill - Big Dipper will forever remind me of Germantown and Sean and Jimmy's (much better in my opinion) version of the song!

When I think about Brand New, I'm reminded of riding my bike through Gütersloh, Germany. Back when I had basically, fogotten how to ride a bike, crashed several times along my (at least) 5km one-way route to school. I used to switch over to "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad" once I got to the point which I called the "homestrech" of my journey. Tom Petty's "American Girl" is another one that brings me back to those bike rides.

I have made, cultivated, and sustained several amazing friendships thanks to a little song called "Cute Without the 'E' (Cut from the Team)" by Taking Back Sunday. It takes you right back to high school, college, Kentucky Derby parties etc.

Exhibit 1: A Friendship in the Making

Another great one that was favorited on my old YouTube account was Pitbull ft. Trina: Go Girl. Remember that one? It starts like..
I party like a Rock Star
Look like a Movie Star
Play like an All Star...

Then goes on to talk about someone being on his top 8 because he met her on MySpace. Love it ;)

There are so many more songs I could write about but these few that were on this old YouTube profile really surprised me and brought me back. I highly recommend you try to login with an old e-mail address and see what you were listening to back then.

What songs bring you back to a special time in your life?

1 comment:

  1. Thank for sharing this useful informative for about singing tips for all, so this is the related informative more about Singing, Dancing and Playing the music for health you can learn now here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...