Monday, November 7, 2011

Indian Food Made Easy!

T and I love trying new foods and I especially love trying to make new foods. Maybe I can't make some things the totally authentic way, but I definitely make it work! I got a real craving for Indian food the other day so I made this delicious Dhaniya Murgh, or Coriander Chicken Curry. I, of course, had to be creative after discovering that I couldn't get certain spices. So here is what I used:


  • 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
  • 1 small onion
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1-2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 container (I had 200g) of natural Greek (thick) yoghurt (you can use plain yogurt in a pinch!)
  • Half tsp turmeric powder
  • Half tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • Half tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • Salt to taste
  

It came out delicious, warm, and spicy! Really warms your heart up on a chilly night. I served it with a side of rice and veggies inspired by the flavors in this Anyhow Prawn Pulao.

1 comment:

  1. OMG this was soooooooo good!!! I just mouthwatered all over myself :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...