Monday, November 21, 2011

Fondue for 2, Fondue for 2!

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! I'm reminding myself all the time that it's coming since I don't have any Black Friday commercials here to do the reminding for me ;) I'm planning out a Thanksgiving menu for the 2 of us (and getting a little inspiration by watching reruns of the Friends Thanksgiving episodes). So here's what I'm thinking:

  • Roasted turkey breast
  • Gravy
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Baked sweet potatoes
  • Green beans
  • Corn
  • Stuffing: This is probably my favorite Thanksgiving food so I'm really worried about making it as good as my Ciocia (Aunt) Bozena's or my Mom's, especially because they don't have celery stalks here, just root. I really hope I can find a yummy recipe that I can find all the ingredients for here. Please let me know if you have one!
  • Cranberry Sauce: This is also something I will have to find a way to make, but turkey without cranberry doesn't fly for me!
  • Dessert: I'm thinking either maybe an apple pie, or if I'm feeling really ambitious, maybe a pumpkin cheesecake. It would be delicious and so good for the occasion. I think I'm just gonna have to go for it!


I have a lot to be thankful for, and I'm definitely thinking about everyone and everything I'm thankful for a lot this week. Safe travels to anyone traveling somewhere for the holiday!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cooking blogs and I just opened it and 'Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Mashed Potatoes' came up and it just sounds delish. In case you want to spice your meal up a bit!
    http://www.closetcooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm! That looks so delicious! And I'm LOVING the blog :) Thanks Dana!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...