Saturday, August 11, 2012

All Day I Dream About Food

In the States, I'm always so happy to see a salad of leafy greens with apples, cranberries, nuts, and feta on a menu and today I decided I had to have it! I made this salad with a mix of endive, romaine, and baby spinach with juicy crunchy apple slices, fresh cucumber, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, and feta cheese and a super simple balsamic vinegarette. Perfection! You've got your savory, your sweet, your sour, your bitter, even umami! It's just the perfect balance of everything. Crunchy, juicy, delicious, and totally filling! The dressing is just a splash of sunflower oil with 1 to 2 Tbs of balsamic vinegar whisked into it.

This is what I was dreaming about today, but I know spaghetti bolognese, stuffed zucchini, mac and cheese, and corn on the cob are all in my near future. Because in dreaming about them too! Is this normal to think about food all day long? ;)

Excuse the poor quality pic - I had to dig in straight away!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like heaven on a plate - I don't blame you for digging in right away!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...